Monday, January 27, 2014

Independent Art Task

Some days during my direct instruction time (where I work alone with 2 students), I need to focus most of my attention on one of my students as we work on a more difficult skill.  On these days, I still need something fun and engaging for my other student that they can do mostly by themselves.  

For my students who can handle working with markers on their own, these simple tasks often involve using my good old trusty Do-A-Dot Bingo Markers.  

Last week, we created these rainbows.  I drew in a colored line for each of the colors of the rainbow and had the kids go over them with their bingo markers.  Not only did it take them some time to complete, they also turned out as nice cheery artwork to hang up in the classroom during these cold gloomy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment