Thursday, July 25, 2013

Adapted Book Resource

I don't know about you, but adapted books are one of my favorite activities to use in my classroom!  Some, I find online and others I have created myself.  These help students work on vocabulary as well as comprehension!  A few years ago, I found this site and printed off A TON of books to use in my classroom.  I stumbled upon it again the other day and thought it would be a great resource to share with you.  Especially, during the summer, when many of us are prepping for next year (or at least thinking about prepping...haha).  

You can find over 50 FREE adapted books at the NYC Department of Education Site!  I will share a few of my favorites with you here.

This one is called Pet Store.  It goes through a variety of animals that are being considered for a class pet.  Kids can match pictures on each page.




This one is called Fish or People.  On each page, kids have to identify if the page is talking about "fish" or "people."  I made Boardmaker pictures of "fish" and "people."  On each page, the kids velcro the correct picture answer.

Hope you find some you like!  And feel free to check out my TPT store to see some of the adapted books I have created.  You can click on any of the images below to go directly to the product in my store.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! :) I like this website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! What a great resource. My list of things to prep before September keeps getting longer and longer...

    ReplyDelete