Saturday, April 6, 2013

Autism Awareness Freebie

April is Autism Awareness month!  I like to take this time of year to help spread awareness around my school about autism.  Over the past 5 years, my coworker and I have presented a brief autism lesson to general ed classes in our school.  We then follow up our lessons with school wide projects.   Check out this post for some ideas for activities you can do with your school.  At this point, most of the students in our school have been involved in at least one of these presentations/activities, but I think it is still important to remind students about what autism is and how much our students are capable of every year!

Today, I wanted to share a poster that I put up outside of my classroom every April for Autism Awareness.

And, if you click here, you will be able to access the FREE pdfs to create your own poster to hang up at your school.  Just cut out the pieces and glue them on a small poster board or piece of large construction paper.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I love your blog--would you consider linking this post to the linky for autism awareness on my blog? It would be a great addition to the resources!
    Chris
    Autism Classroom News

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just added it to the linky! Thanks for including me...what a great idea!

      Delete